Monday, October 24, 2011

Just me.

I'm kind of awesome.
Let's just admit it.
Sure I have no rhythm
And I can't sing in tune to save my life.
Oh, and maybe I can never get my hair to fall the right way.
But when I smile, it lights up the room.
I can save friends money on the electric bill
and I laugh easily and freely at myself.
I might be a little lazy and yea I don't share very well.
But I give things for no other reason than to give
And I always try to say and do the right thing instead of what i should do.
I jump in with both feet without looking
and I cry like a girl.
But I can be beautiful in the right lighting
and I can write a mean word when the muses are with me.
I'm too judgemental and I talk about myself way too much.
But I try my best.

So, maybe I have my flaws.
I'm a sore winner but I'll lose to see someone smile.
I can walk and experience the world and just know its a good thing.
I can hold a friend's hand and I can wish the best for someone I've never met.
I steal the blankets and I can't sit through a horror movie.
And I learned how to love a man but not how to let go.
You can read my every thought on my face
Everyone knows when I'm not really there.
I wish I could sleep in
and I like to dream because it's easier than living.
But I wake up and remember how lucky I am to be here right now.
I hug my friends and I tell them I love them.
I'm passionate, selfish, and stubborn.
But I can cook a mean chili and I can read a book in a day.
I can't quote movies or understand football calls.
And I obsess and worry and overanalyze
But I also forgive and forget.
And I fuck up and stick my foot in my mouth
But it's a cute mouth and it's warm.
I'm accident prone and average.
But I'm the best person I know how to be.
I know what I want out of life.
I'm just going to take it one day at a time.
So that way I don't miss out on any of the wonders tucked on the side of the road.
Like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment