Thursday, February 17, 2011

333- Anger Issues


I may have been watching too many spy shows at this time... rough and fast. I abandoned it but I think it has a few good oneliners. 

B: Didn’t think you’d make it back.
A: Didn’t think or didn’t hope?
B Jesus, Alex, you’re flattering yourself. When I put someone in a death trap, I expect them to die. Not stroll into my apartment mere hours later. I do appreciate the fact that you look like death though; it soothes my ego a bit.
A: Really, Bailey. Can’t you just admit you’re glad to see me?
B: Glad? You must be kidding. I didn’t spend the time or money on that little escapade just to be glad to have you manage to burn my facility to the ground, most likely kill if not maim some of my best men, and stroll into my apartment and leave size fourteen foot prints all over my carpet. Glad- is not the word I would use in this situation. Now get up off my sofa and move-- very slowly—to the window.
A: I don’t think that’s going to happen.
B: And why not?
A: Because I have your entire apartment wired with about ten different incendiary devices. I’ll give you a clue- One’s in the microwave. Now. Do you still want me to go admire the view?
B: I want you dead, you chauvinistic-
A: Stop showing off your fancy education, Bails, and put down the gun.
B: I’ll put down the gun when you are properly dead.
A: Looks heavy. You sure you can hold it that long? As I recall, your aim was good, but your stamina was lacking.
B: The same could be said of you.
A: How original. You always were fixated on sex. They say those who are the most insecure are the ones you drag it up whenever they can…
B: Goodbye Alex.
C: Put the gun down, Bailey.                          
B: Cameron. I suppose that’s how Alex here managed to find me. Very contrived, boys. I suppose I actually over estimated you, Alex. I didn’t think you’d stoop so low as to have a double agent in my bedroom.
A: Well, he wasn’t cheap if it makes you feel any better.
C: Gun, Bailey.
B: So, you bought the stud, wired the apartment, and stole the jewel. Busy boy.
A: You started this, Bails. I never would have taken it this far-
B: Bullshit. You would have taken everything farther if I hadn’t stopped it when I did. I walked away. I was the one who saw what was going to happen and I left before you did it to me-
A: I would never have tried to frame you for armed robbery, I was just-
B: You were just covering your ass. And I was the red herring of the month.
C: I will shoot you. Put the gun down. Slowly. Now kick it towards Alex.
B: Oh, like he needs another weapon.
A: God damnit, woman-
B: Don’t you call me that-
A: It was nothing personal-
B: It was completely personal! You don’t use a woman just to frame her for theft. Even Denzel knows that-
A: The fuck he does-
C: Shut it, both of you or I will kill you both right here. Bailey, if your pretty hand moves one inch closer to the dagger in your corset, I will shoot you. And Alex, if you do not shut the goddamn fuck up, I’ll shoot you just for silence.
B: You started this, Alex. I just made sure I could finish it.
A: You are quite a woman, Bailey…and that’s the reason I’m going to walk out of here without killing you. We’re going to go our own ways now. You and me and Cam over there are all going to leave this apartment. Its going to blow up- yes all your precious clothes and shoes and modern appliances are going to be in flames by the time Denzel even knows you left me to die in that warehouse- and you are not go ever- contact him again. You are to take the money you have stashed away and you are to disappear. Do I make myself clear?
B: Just shoot me, Cameron, before I have to actually acknowledge his audacity.
C: He’s offering you a way out of this life.
B: Do not try to reason with me. You fucked me on that very bar last night with the act of being a honest man-
C: It wasn’t love-
B: If it was love, Denzel would have killed you months ago. It was fucking, Cam. Primal, animalistic fucking. You got off. I pretended to get off. We just fucked. So do not aim that colt at me and pretend you give a damn what happens to me after tonight- because I sure the hell don’t care what happens to you.
A: You’ve certainly changed Bails.
B: Do not. Call me that. Do not. You lost that right when you planted my dna and fingerprints at your crime scene and then used a stripper named Sugar Floss as your alibi. It was bad enough realizing what you had done then having to face that plastic Barbie on the stand as she explained her signature flossing move to everyone in the courtroom-
A: It was a job. You were the con.
B: I was. Exactly. Now both of you get the fuck out of my apartment before I kill you.
A: Cameron, everything ready?
C: Almost.
A: What do you mean almost?
C: Well. I may not have found the things that you were looking for but I managed to secure the c4 and clear out the safe.
B: You bastard, my mother’s pearls? Your going to steal my mother’s pearls?
A: I always told you how much I admired pearls around your throat, Bails. Perhaps it was just the pearls.
B: I hope they drag you to the bottom of the river you-
A: Cameron, pleasure doing business with you. The money from Ellie will arrive before midnight in your eastern account- cash it and close it and disappear. Denzel will come looking sooner rather than later.
C: Got it. You can handle her?
A: I’ve been handling you both. Now go.

A: Bailey, you were never supposed to be more than a con-
B: Don’t. I was in jail for three months before Denzel proved I was innocent. I owed my innocence to the very crime lord I used to crusade against. I learned that the good guys aren’t always wearing white. So thank you for that very expensive lesson. But I would rather blow both of us up then listen to you try and rationalize what you did.
A: Then I’ll be on my way. But I’m offering you a way out too. Take the bag on the table and disappear.
B: You disappear.
A: I am sorry. It wasn’t supposed to get emotional-
B: The hell it wasn’t. At least the boys in black are open about what they’re doing. If they want me, they tell me. We fuck. I get what I want, they get what they want. They don’t tell me about how they got the scar on their chest when they were four or bring me chocolate chip pancakes in bed or help me bury the mouse that was living in the cabinet. They don’t do that.
A: Goodbye Bailey.
B: Alex.

B: The next time I see you. I will kill you.
A: Or I’ll kill you.
B: Well then. I’ll be seeing you.



No comments:

Post a Comment