Thursday, February 3, 2011

339- Just a Little Love Song

This time two years ago, I was tired of not understanding love songs.
This time ago last year, I couldn't stop listening to them. I guess I finally understood what they were saying. Because they were saying things that I couldn't figure out how to say...and things I only hope to hear at one point in this crazy life.
So, in honor of this year and the fact that I should be anti-love songs right now- I'm going to share some that never fail to remind me that that couple next to me might make me want to puke in jealously but I understand.

Here are some random mushy, romantic make you want to roll your eyes songs.

 I'm Your Man- Michael Buble-
Well, actually just this whole entire freaking song. I wish I could find one without the screaming girls but hey, I understand, ladies, I understand.



Come On Get Higher- Matt Nathanson
If you know me at all, you know this just may be one of my favorite songs ever. From the opening to the chorus, I pretty much cannot help but fall a little in love.


I know! It's all mushy stuff! AHH.


Falling Slowly- The Frames I watched Once and while it wasn't my favorite movie ever, this entire song is so ...delicate. Listening, it's almost like when you're trying to say something, can't find what you want to say, stumble a bit and then pour it all out. 
                                                                



Sunday Morning- Maroon 5 --Every Sunday morning, I roll over, stare at my alarm clock and try to get out of bed. And every Sunday morning, I can't help but remember how they used to be. This song, this song never fails to make me feel those lazy Sundays and the absolute contentment that I had never once in my life felt before....I finally understood why everyone I knew couldn't be away from their significant other for more than five minutes some days. I think perhaps fate finally got sick of me talking smack and decided to show me what I thought I understood.


Fall to Pieces- Avril Lavigne (god I know) -- There were moments when I just wanted to lose it. Absolutely bawl myself stupid and felt like an idiot. This song is the closest thing that ever got close to explaining what the hell I was feeling.                           Except Bipolar disorder....


I Won't Say (I'm in Love)- Disney  (Oh and enjoy the sing a long portion) Easy Explanation- Savannah would never fail to turn this up fall blast when it came on shuffle and would just sit there and be smug. 

Here (In Your Arms)- Hellogoodbye-- I think I just liked the fact that it was pretty much straight up what I wanted to hear some days. And it's a silly kind of song. 

Your Body is A Wonderland- John Mayer--I know. I know.


  Under Control- Parachute-- I might as well write the words right on my face--- well yea, there they are. 


Don't worry- next time it's going to be songs that get you in the mood, breakup songs, or maybe top Disney songs. I don't know. We shall see.



1 comment: