Monday, January 31, 2011

340- Social Experiment (For Me Anyways)

Does anyone else hide people on their Facebook Newsfeed? You know, hit the little x button and say Hide All By __ ___?

I did. I hid pretty much 99% of my friend list and when the new profile page came out- Facebook totally ratted me out- You only see "Friends" that I follow so if you visited my page and didn't see yourself...

So, as I began to walk straight into people from my past the past couple of weeks (and by past I mean high school/middle school/random people you barely interacted with) and started making connections that I have never even know of before I thought- "Gee...maybe I should use social media as a networking tool as well as a reconnecting tool...maybe there are relationships I have yet to discover in the hallowed hidden task bars of my Facebook!"

Well, not really- but I figured I might as well see how long it takes me to get really, really, really annoyed with some people and at the same time be bold and comment on other people's shared data. Because let's be honest- you only put things on Facebook when you want other people to notice right? You don't want that creepy kid to comment but definitely close friends.

Well, I'm going to be that creepy kid. Or maybe end up being a friend of sorts but probably not. So, for the month of February, I will follow every single person that I am friends with on Facebook (all of which I personally know) and I will be online for every single moment I am actually on Facebook which WILL KILL ME beause I defintely don't like some people iming me.  (I'm in the middle of typing this and I already have someone out of four people iming me that I want to ignore. Damn it)

So, what do you think? Is Facebook over exposing us and I'm in danger of becoming "that person"?

No comments:

Post a Comment