Sunday, June 26, 2011

250- Dinner Out


                          I was lucky enough to attend a wine tasting evening at Capriccio Grill with two of my lovely team members. Our very own Ishani (pictured above) has shown herself to be a force to be reckoned with in the upselling department and was kind enough to share her night with us.





Check out the menu and some pictures after the jump-




  The first course was a Caprese Salad. With sun ripened tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, and basil this looked delicious. There's only one problem. I don't like tomatoes. So, I enjoyed the Cours du Bois Sovereign Blanc.





 Then, the Linguine Pescatore. Pasta with shrimp, jumbo crab meat, fresh fish, capers, tomatoes, and olives tossed in pinot grigio butter sauce.
It was utterly delicious but insanely hard to eat without making a complete and utter mess of yourself.
It was paired with Cours du Bois Chardonnay which I will be remembering for future outings. I wish I could tell you the entire time I was avidly listening to the wine expert discuss the various notes and age of the wines but I was more interested in our discussion with our lovely waitress, Deborah.

Now at this point in the evening, we were learning the difference between red and white wines. Between Deborah and the wine guy, we soon had found ourselves avidly laughing about our lack of knowledge. The ever refined Natalie taught me the European style of eating and the proper way of trying to eat linguine without getting it all over your chin. 

I gave up at one point and did a suck and slurp to her dismay but hey- they were clearing the plates!






  The main course was Grilled Prime Filet Mignon with rosemary infused mashed potatoes.

Now, I am not going to go to much into this- I'm going to let the picture do the talking here.

I didn't touch the Cours du Bois Merlot. I'm not a red wine fan and it was a little too dry for me to enjoy.




And finally, for dessert- Lemon Vanilla Panne Cotta. This was a very rich concoction topped with strawberry mirror and almond pangani cookie.

It was paired with a Peregrine Lemoncella- this is basically lemonade with alcohol.

I didn't drink it.







Well, overall, it was delicious evening paired with heady wines and new information. 

 Such as I should never order blush wines because they are apparently the cheap wines mass produced for lesser mortals who don't really know much about wine. (i.e. me).

No comments:

Post a Comment