Wednesday, June 15, 2011

264- Simple - (100 Words)

I still wake up, roll over and reach for my phone.

And then I remember I'm not the one you call anymore.

I don’t think of you.
But you still come to me.

At least you took away the hope.
It doesn’t hurt as much
                                         living in despair.

How stupid could I be.
Begging you to stay with me.

You walked away with everything.
Leaving me with memories.
This shameful transparency.
You saw and passed on all of me.

You go on
(Not this strong.)


Learning life without you.

Broken but fixable.
It just won’t be the same shape.  



Simulacrum.








1 comment:

  1. 100 more:

    The pain he caused isn't limited to you.
    He sheds his tears over his beef stew.
    Why couldn’t she stay? Why couldn’t she wait?

    No answers.

    Patience is a virtue, or at least he tells himself.

    A BBQ sandwich from the gas station
    Was the subject of the last conversation.

    He doesn’t call because she won’t pick up.
    He only needed time, which she couldn’t give.

    One life. One love. One answer.

    The soul in his body screams for release.
    It hurts.

    His life without her has amounted to a hill of beans.
    (p.s., he doesn’t know what simulacrum means)

    ReplyDelete