Sunday, June 19, 2011

258- Share the Joy

"It's Sad when Politicians are a Joke & Comedians are Taken Seriously"
-John Stewart goes on Fox News to discuss whether his role in media and politics. Not only is he a funny guy, he's articulate and highly aware of who he is and where he comes from. Watch it Here- and look for some of the best moments regarding Stewart's views on 24 hours news programs- having to work in a hotel where that's all they play in the break room and in the gym- I agree with him 100%. And I can respect a man who is honest that he is a comedian first but does have an ideological agenda that informs his comedy. He does not pretend to be anyone but himself and knows he's exactly where he belongs on a comedy channel. I'll take more of This and less MSNBC, FOX, and CNN- well not less Anderson Cooper- (see I can be honest too.)




In other news- So You Think You Can Dance kicked off its Season 8 this week with twenty new talented dancers.

Now, I don't have any favorites as of the first week- which I'm a little disappointed about but I guess I'll give them another week or so to wow me. Now, I am a huge fan of Travis Wall- a contestant from Season 2 who has returned as one of the most beautiful choreographers on the show. He gave us two beautiful contemporary pieces last night and I just get to choose One to show you because two just isn't fair.I chose this one because I do like Sasha and the ending is pure power.  But if you go to check out the page- you should look at Melanie and Marko's routine. I think it just might not have hit me as strongly as strongly as it did the studio audience but the beauty of it it is unarguable.  And then I'm going to push Sonya's piece- Sonya is a crazy freak of a choreographer and I love her for it. Add one of the more delicious dancers from Season 7 filling in for the injured male partner of Caitlynn- as well as some kick ass music and freaky bangs and you're going to get some kind of Show. My favorite has to be the walk down the stage and the lift and spins- but just watch her face- she's killing it.


 And just because I like the number three, I am also going to post Matt Nathanson (pre funky beard which I haven't decided if I like or not) singing Princess- before throwing in Jesse's Girl. It's not only that he's extremely talented live performer- he's funny. Check him out because you'll be hearing more about him from me very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment